Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor Mays released by Vikings
(06-17-2015, 02:33 PM)djs7685 Wrote: As I've said before, if our roster is so stacked with LB/S competition, why not bring in a guy that could potentially only take up 1 roster spot to cover 2+ roles?

Why are people so intensely against him being brought in for camp? As Xeno said, I don't think anyone here has said Mays is amazing and to hand him a spot. People ARE butthurt about him coming in to fight for a roster spot.

I think the anti-Mays boner is much stronger with some than anyone's pro-Mays boner at this point.

No, it's just that you aren't talking about bringing in anyone good.
people are tired of trash heap players, like Mays, being brought in for anything.

If you were talking about bringing in a guy who was young and good at football but just didn't fit with his last team, people would say sure why not.
Mays isn't good at football. That is why people don't want him back in favor of guys who look to be better at football. 

His positions have been filled via the draft and Emmanuel Lamur (who is a lot better at his job than Mays was).
Shaw can play CB and S, was an excellent ST player.
Smith is a S who had a great reputation on ST. 
Dargan also was considered a plus ST player.
Hawk and Dawson were also brought in at LB, both will probably play WLB and SLB...where Mays would have played at LB.

So, with all of that, considering Mays was by all accounts a bust at S and his best play was on ST....why should he be brought in over one of these guys? Because you'd have to send one packing to bring him in. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Taylor Mays released by Vikings - djs7685 - 06-16-2015, 12:17 PM
RE: Taylor Mays released by Vikings - J24 - 06-16-2015, 02:55 PM
RE: Taylor Mays released by Vikings - J24 - 06-16-2015, 03:41 PM
RE: Taylor Mays released by Vikings - J24 - 06-16-2015, 04:43 PM
RE: Taylor Mays released by Vikings - jj22 - 06-16-2015, 07:36 PM
RE: Taylor Mays released by Vikings - McC - 06-16-2015, 10:22 PM
RE: Taylor Mays released by Vikings - RoyleRedlegs - 06-17-2015, 02:57 PM