Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue Jackson fed up with Bungles image.....
(06-20-2015, 11:35 AM)OSUfan Wrote: Those people were silly. I can say I was in the camp that wanted to see MJ remain with the Bengals. It was not just message board members that were touting MJ as a top free agent it was the "experts" as well. They touted him as a top free agent when he left the Bengals and when he was released by the Bucs.

What happened in MJ going to the Bucs (aside from nagging injury) is exactly why many are not fans of throwing out big cash to get outside free agents.........................system fit. While MJ was being touted as a top free agent it does not mean he will thrive in every system. Again an example of the NFL not just being plug and play in most instances.

Rant over...........I feel MJ fits perfectly in the system that was introduced by Zimmer and hopefully the system that the student (Guenther) will continue to employ now that we have MJ back.

Mostly my sentiments as well.

Although, in my mind, a TRUE top FA is a plug and play type of player. The Deion Sanders and Reggie Whites, etc....of the world. That's the type of players I consider a top tier FA. I'd call MJ a good player, a system guy as you said, but not a game changer. Geno Atkins (when healthy) is a game changer. Vontaze Burfict appears to be that type of player.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hue Jackson fed up with Bungles image..... - Wyche'sWarrior - 06-20-2015, 11:45 AM