Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue Jackson fed up with Bungles image.....
(06-23-2015, 01:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 5. This argument is so silly. As if underdogs never win. I wonder how many times the underdog has won in the playoffs over the last 5 years or so? I'm pretty sure the 2012 Ravens were underdogs all the way through the Super Bowl. They won 3 straight road games. We shouldn't have to be 7 point home favorites to be upset about a playoff loss. Especially when the losses have been so embarrassing and so numerous.

I tried to explain the silliness about Fred's constant banter about odds so many times but it's never any good.

The point that some people bring up odds is that we weren't "supposed" to win. What were the odds and final score of those games?

Were we "supposed" to get blown out? Say one of the games had a spread of -4 to the Texas (I can't remember exactly what they were) but we lose by 14. That means we weren't "supposed" to lose by 10 of those points. That's no bueno no matter how you look at it.

People that use "but, but, but...ODDS!" don't even fully comprehend their own argument. They're actually making Marvin look WORSE by using odds by showing that he rarely covers the spread or wins when he's the underdog. Those things are NOT positives, yet Marvin supporters bring up the odds as if it helps their claim.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hue Jackson fed up with Bungles image..... - djs7685 - 06-23-2015, 01:10 PM