Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Getting Everyone Lined Up"
(06-19-2015, 07:11 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Every year around this time of the season, fluff pieces begin to come out about various players on various teams.
So and So is faster, Player X gets it this year, Player Y (Clark) has bulked up this off season.

I'm used to this as we all are by this point.

BUT WHY do we discuss how Dalton can now:

"Get everyone lined up correctly.",
"Get our players in and out of the huddle.",
"Is taking more of a leadership role this season."

????

To me, this more than anything points to Dalton being a dud (And I am a huge Andy homer most of the time).

This is the equivalent of the teacher explaining on parent-teacher conference night that their child has improved this year.... by showing up to class with a pencil and putting his name on the top of the paper.

It's fricken year 5.
everyone better know where the hell to line up, and everyone better be getting in and out of the huddle like the seasoned vets they are.
Dalton better be a leader by now, and shouldn't have to help other vets figure out where to line up on a play.
We have a fricken playbook do we not?

Too be fair it must be harder than you think considering Andy very rarely if at all has delay of game penaltys whereas Palmer was good for what seemed like 1-2 drive killing delay of games  a game.

As another poster said.
2nd year in a system is a huge jump from the 1st year in a system. It is like that for most good QBs.
If you pay attention the the best QBs its no secret that they do not change OCs very often.

Andy improved over the 3 years under Gruden.
Should be similar.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Getting Everyone Lined Up" - OSUfan - 06-19-2015, 09:52 PM
RE: "Getting Everyone Lined Up" - OSUfan - 06-20-2015, 12:03 PM
RE: "Getting Everyone Lined Up" - OSUfan - 06-20-2015, 01:06 PM
RE: "Getting Everyone Lined Up" - Junglejuice - 06-19-2015, 10:35 PM
RE: "Getting Everyone Lined Up" - OSUfan - 06-21-2015, 08:14 AM
RE: "Getting Everyone Lined Up" - OSUfan - 06-21-2015, 11:45 AM
RE: "Getting Everyone Lined Up" - rfaulk34 - 06-23-2015, 01:59 AM