Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confidence Now vs. This Time Last Year
(08-04-2016, 09:34 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I'm a bit more confident.

I've thought the Bengals had the potential for a few seasons now to have the best team in the AFC and they showed they were well on their way to compete for the #1 spot until Dalton injured his thumb. Every year there are reasons to be less confident that will be stressed to death during the off-season cause there is nothing else to talk about but despite that the Bengals pull through and at least are a perfect model of consistency to a fault.  Guys like Sanu and Jones don't matter at the end of the day to me they're just role players and will be exposed this season.

I'd imagine since you thought Zampese was a lazy hire then Guenther must've been too? He came in on the same premise that having some consistency from Zimmer's run would help the transition period for the defense. I was questionable about it at first but it turned out okay for the D. I'm not crazy about Zampese but I don't see it as a reason to doubt the team. An OC switch isn't anything new for the offense neither is the hiring process for the FO.

If Marvin is around as long as some of you say he will get the win based off of sheer odds. Hell he almost did with a backup QB.

Actually I think this transition will be one of the more seamless.  Zampese isn't really changing the offense (terms and such), he is just the one that will call the plays.  Sure, he will tweak it here and there and put his personal stamp on things, but I think Marvin's line of thinking is if it ain't broke...
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Confidence Now vs. This Time Last Year - EatonFan - 08-05-2016, 02:19 AM