Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confidence Now vs. This Time Last Year
(08-05-2016, 12:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This time last year I had no idea if Burfict or Atkins would ever be the same players they were before.

This time last year Andy Dalton had never been a top 10 QB in passer efficiency.

This time last year Eifert was a TE who had more major injuries (3) than tds (2) in his career.

You have to be a super negative thinker to be less confident this year than last year.

This pretty much nailed it for me.  Ditto, and rep. 

I will add that I think improvements on the offensive line, Hill in his contract year, and the fact that last year they showed that they could play with anyone, anywhere, on a short week, etc.  Not being a homer, but if I were Vegas, I can't imagine why any other team would be a bigger favorite to win the Super Bowl.  I had much greater opinions of the Ravens, steelers, Cards, Panthers, Broncos, and Dolphins last year at this time than I do this year.  

There are also a lot of new pieces that I think can contribute this year:  Boyd, Vigil, Billings, and one veteran that has recently won a ring, Lafell.

I am much more optimistic this year.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Confidence Now vs. This Time Last Year - SHRacerX - 08-05-2016, 09:33 AM