Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TJ Houshmandzadeh Thinks bengals Offense Is Better Than '05
(06-23-2015, 09:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You guys know I don't hate Dalton, but Palmer was a better QB.  The '05 team also had better WRs in Chad, TJ, and Henry.  

However the current team gets a lot more production from the TEs than the '05 team.  Also our current running game may be better than the '05 team, but not by much.

The current team may end up with a better offense if everyone stays healthy and Hill plays an entire season like he did the second half of '14.  However, even though a lot of people will not want to hear this, I believe Bratkowski was a better OC than Jackson.  People like to hate on Brat, but his track record as an OC is much better than Jackson's.

I agree with most of this. I would argue is that we really don't know what we're going to get in terms of production from Eifert, Kroft and other TEs. I would say we certainly have more talent there, but its not proven. I think Rudy in 05 was a beast. He had 1400+ yards and 12 TDs. Chad also had 1400+ yards with 12 Tds. So that offense was pretty good.  I would also say that I think the 05 o-line is better than current. However, if Bodine can become an average Center and Andre play around 14 games or so, I think we will have a better line/running game. We're certainly a more balanced O than 05. 

Lastly, did you know the first six starts of the season, combined with his last three starts of 2004, made Palmer him only the second passer in NFL history to post nine straight games with a passer rating of 100 or more?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: TJ Houshmandzadeh Thinks bengals Offense Is Better Than '05 - Hoofhearted - 06-23-2015, 10:23 AM