Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B/R ranks Bengals QB supporting cast #1
(06-24-2015, 09:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Just like I have said before, when Dalton is kept clean (which seems to be in direct relation to his offensive line having all their starters) he picks teams apart. 

Which NFL QB does this not apply to? I'm just saying, most QBs "pick teams apart" when they have a completely clean pocket. You can't expect it to always be clean though, no offensive line in the history of the league has a 100% success rate, guys are playing defense for a reason.

It's also not always the case though with Andy picking teams apart when clean. These are stats with only passes where Andy had no pressure at all...

IND - 16/29, 55.2% completion, 91 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 3.1 YPA
CLE1 - 8/24, 33.3% completion, 60 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT, 2.5 YPA

Sometimes Andy just seems "off" even when he isn't being pressured, and that is probably his biggest issue with his bad games being SO bad.

I think we do agree that Andy's success does rely heavily on keeping him upright because throughout his career he's always been average or worse (usually pretty bad) under pressure. Luckily, his quick release along with the offensive line's ability to pass protect has kept him clean more than almost any other QB in the league over the last 4 years.

Andy needs everyone around him healthy, he needs to improve a little bit under pressure, and he needs to not have his bad games be SO bad. If those things happen, I don't see why he couldn't have a career year with the Bengals winning a playoff game or two. I have some amount of faith in Andy even though I don't think he's a good QB right now.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: B/R ranks Bengals QB supporting cast #1 - djs7685 - 06-24-2015, 09:43 AM