Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B/R ranks Bengals QB supporting cast #1
(06-25-2015, 10:29 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Where did I ever label him a dud? That's just flat out lying, I've never said he was a bad QB or a "dud".

When did I only focus on those 2 games? I was just showing you statistics that went against your theory. He doesn't always "pick teams apart" when he's kept clean, that's false. I don't dwell on just 2 games of a guy's entire career, that's not my thing, I was just using it as an example to show that he's not always on point even when he's not pressured. Please don't act like 2 of my posts show what I'm "focused on".

Yes, he's not bad without pressure, but most NFL caliber QBs aren't bad without pressure. That's why I can't give Andy too much of a pat on the back for doing something that isn't extraordinary for someone in his position. A starting NFL QB should have decent stats without pressure by the defense.

If you surround him with an extremely talented team or he happens to go on an October 2013-esque tear in the playoffs, I do believe he can be a SB winning quarterback. I've never said otherwise. I just don't know how likely it is for him to do that. If we have injuries on offense, I'm not confident that he can rally the troops and overcome that to win playoff games. I could be wrong, but history is on my side here. You're basing your opinions off of your personal hopes and wishes, I'm basing my opinions off of facts and past events. 40 wins is a team stat, I can't take you seriously if you won't look at individual accomplishments when discussing an individual player. If you want to talk about the Bengals as a whole, yes, 40 wins is great. W/L doesn't belong to a single player.

I get the 40 wins is a team stat, but they measure it for QBs just like they do come from behind wins...and he has quite a few of those.  Regardless, to answer your question, you referred to just two games in an earlier post.  As far as your general focus goes, it seems that 95% of your time is spent bashing Dalton.  You may not have specifically called him a "dud", but when you focus on two games in his career where you claim he had "no pressure" but still had a poor performance, it shows a clear bias against him.  You neglect the point of no AJ Green, no Marvin Jones, no Tyler Eifert completely.  You also try to diminish his good play by saying that any QB can do that when he isn't pressured.  You ignore the fact that he faces three very tough defenses twice a year in his division.  How about going 2-0 against the Ravens last year?  Any credit at all?  Or are you just going to say those were team wins and he isn't a very good QB.

If the offensive line at Cleveland is so good, and they had Josh Gordon, Cameron, Andrew Hawkins, etc., why could no QB have success there? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: B/R ranks Bengals QB supporting cast #1 - SHRacerX - 06-25-2015, 10:49 AM