Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Nugent will cost us at least 1 game this year
(08-13-2016, 04:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: -Last year against the Broncos, Nugent missed a 45 yarder in a game that they ended up losing by 3. I believe a win there would have given the Bengals a 1st round bye. If he made it, it'd be OT, not a win, but still...

-The Carolina game you mentioned in 2014.

-In 2013, the Bengals lost in OT against the Ravens. Nugent missed a 42 yarder in the 2nd quarter of that game, which would have presumably made the OT a nonfactor. If they won that game, the Bengals would have had a first round bye since they would tie NE's 12-4 record, and beat NE that year.

....so yeah, good for about a loss a year for the last three years, and probably cost the Bengals a first round bye twice.  The last three years, he has ranked 23rd, 27th, and 23rd in FG %.

(08-13-2016, 04:47 PM)jason Wrote: Denver last year.....

1. Let's not forget that their kicker missed a pretty easy field goal to end the game as well. We were lucky enough that it went to OT because he also missed a kick at the end of the game. Plus, they had the ball at our 38 yard line with over a minute to go and two timeouts. They could have gone for the TD and this may not even be a conversation because they'd win 24-20. That's a pretty up in the air game in all honesty. Tons of factors how the end played out.

2. Yep.

3. You mean the game where they lucked out with a hail mary tip to even get it into OT?

Also in 2015:
1. Seattle kicks. Also the kicks against the Steelers outside of his blocked kick, he was clutch that game. Not many people talk about that game because it was a defensive struggle. But Nugent hit every kick besides his blocked one.

In 2013 he also had two clutch kicks to win games. Against the Bills and against the Lions.

I'm not saying Nugent is amazing. But he's also not terrible. Just average who's won us some games. While he also missed some kicks for us. How every kicker is.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nugent will cost us at least 1 game this year - wolfkaosaun - 08-14-2016, 03:34 AM