Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Nugent will cost us at least 1 game this year
I am sorry but Nugent is not very good. He will more than likely cost us a game maybe two this season. He does not have a strong leg at all. Plus his kickoffs are very weak and he rarely gets it into the endzone. I think he is only here because he played Ohio State and he is a fan favorite. I like him as a person, but he is definitely not a good kicker in my opinion. He cost the Bengals a game against the Broncos last year or at least a tie which would have helped them get a first round bye. When he comes in the game, I am always nervous whether it be a field goal attempt or even an extra point. However, when the game is on the line or even not on the line, when he is asked to make a field goal from over 45 yards it is always a challenge which should never be an issue for a kicker. I think he is one of the weakest parts of this team. I agree with the majority that was upset when the Bengals let Josh Brown go because of Marvin Lewis' loyalty to an average kicker in Nugent. We need a strong legged kicker because when it starts to get colder outside we need someone dependable and I am sorry but Nugent is not that dependable.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nugent will cost us at least 1 game this year - bengalsfan73 - 08-14-2016, 03:27 PM