Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Nugent will cost us at least 1 game this year
(08-14-2016, 01:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hard to argue with these facts.

Still, i ask the question...

Who out there is better?

Not a great group of established guys, but there's always a shitton of kickers out there who haven't had a chance yet. Try a couple out, you might find someone nice. Kicker is a position where undrafted guys can easily come in and be quite good.

(08-14-2016, 06:43 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Did you actually think I was trying to say Nugent was close to the best kicker in the NFL?  lol

I took Tucker (best in the NFL) to offer comparison to where Nugent lined up.

I'm unaware of any unemployed kickers with a better resume than Nugent.

If there are any you know of, you might want to let Brown know about them.

Bottom line, no matter how much we piss and moan, we know how Brown and Lewis see it .... Nugent will stay another year, barring injury.

Yeah, it seemed like you were trying to make a Nugent = Tucker thing there, lol. Glad that wasn't the case.

(08-14-2016, 07:17 PM)kevin Wrote: So the stats show Mike Nugent as the 2nd best field goal kickers in Bengals history.  ....and the best inside the 30......and the best past the 50.

So don't sweat a preseason missed field goal.  It would be silly to cut one of the best kickers in Bengals history over that.

Nugent FG% standing as the Bengal....

2015: 23rd
2014: 27th
2013: 23rd
2012: 20th
2011: 8th
2010: 21st

Yes, it would be SILLY to cut that absolute greatness. Put that man in the Bengals Hall of Fame!   Ninja Hilarious

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nugent will cost us at least 1 game this year - TheLeonardLeap - 08-14-2016, 11:37 PM