Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade?
(08-31-2016, 07:50 AM)Wyche Wrote: You had me until #3. He is still quite young and developing.  He left college a year early and went on to start 12 games in season 1......without AP.  The Vikings receiving corps isn't exactly a whos who of wideouts....although Rudolph is a good TE.  The o line has struggled a tad too.  That said....he and Treadwell had looked pretty good this preaeason and Teddy seemed to have taken another step in his development.

I'll concede both these points, but he hasn't looked good in the NFL over his first two seasons. Maybe this was the year? Obviously we won't find out now.

(08-31-2016, 10:30 AM)Go Cards Wrote: 1. Shawn Hill and Tom Brady do not belong in the same sentence when comparing QB's obviously as you have pointed out. 

2. Hill has stayed healthy because rookies keep beating him out that are merely "game managers". 

3. Rust will be his biggest issue and if they had so much confidence in him they would have not called practice off immediately. 

4. It would have just been, next man up while the veterans rallied around Shawn instead of allowing players to wander around cussing to the sky. 

5. Hill is ok, but preseason predictions have to be adjusted now big time. 

But Teddy will lead from locker room and sideline still. It is what he does best, be a leader. 

1. Fortunately, I wasn't comparing their careers, I was comparing their ages. Like I said, being 36 is hardly a death knell for a QB.

2. It doesn't matter why Hill is healthy, the point is that he's healthy, which means he'll probably age well. And yes, young 1st round game manager usually beats out the aging game manager.

3. Rust is only an issue for a week or two. Once he's getting first team reps, it doesn't take long. Calling off practice more likely had to do with the mental state of the team after what was described as a "gruesome" injury. I doubt they called off practice due to lack of confidence in Shaun. That doesn't even make sense IMO.

4. I don't think I've ever seen players act happy when the starting QB gets hurt. That doesn't mean they think Shaun Hill sucks.

5. Obviously I disagree. The Vikings went 11-5 last year with Teddy throwing a whopping 14 TDs and dink and dunking his way to 3200 yards. As long as AP and that defense are on the same level as last year, I think they'll be right there for a playoff berth. They could've improved on last year with TB playing, but I don't foresee a 5-11 season or any crazy drop off like that.

(08-31-2016, 01:09 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Warren Moon and Fran Tarkenton are two of the ones he surpassed ? 

Not too shabby. 

It was 91 Viking records set in all. But obviously some were just invented to get that many. 

Yet still.

Warren Moon wasn't a rookie with the Vikings, and if TB set 91 rookie records for them, then that's more of a sad testament to the QB history of the Vikings. Teddy's rookie numbers weren't all that impressive. Fwiw, I have no bias here. I don't even like college football and I have nothing against the Vikings. Just calling it as I see it. Teddy hasn't been bad at all, but he hasn't been all that good, either.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade? - Shake n Blake - 09-01-2016, 10:54 AM