Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL ratings and poor officiating
(10-06-2016, 08:05 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Things like that are filmed in advance, with members of both teams.  My step father and I went to Super Bowl XXIII in Miami.  On our way out of the stadium they were selling San Francisco Super Bowl Champion t-shirts and my step father tried to bribe a vendor to sell him a Bengals champion shirt.  The guy told us that there were pallets of merchandise for both teams kept under lock and key until a winner was decided.  I found out later that the "non winning" shirts get donated to charities in other countries.

There is no conspiracy.  I know that we live in a country of conspiracy theorists, but there is nothing here... think of the amount of people that would be involved to keep something like that going.  Now keep in mind that people become disgruntled, they talk, computers get hacked.  If it ever came out that NFL games are fixed, it would be the end of the NFL as we know it.  The gravy train would come to an abrupt stop.  And that gravy train is why the owners love Goodell.  The Bengals have gone from a value of about $950 million four years ago to almost $1.7 billion.  No way would any of them, even the supposed "favorites", take a chance on that ending.  At the end of the day, these are business men and would not allow something to put that in jeopardy. 

Ummm, I've little doubt they filmed them before the game. That's not anywhere close to the point. The point is they were overwhelmingly Steelers in the commercials. 

If I'm not mistaken that was the Super bowl where Big Jen put up like a 17 QB rating and their offensive output was the lowest ever in the History of a Super bowl winning team. The game where in many peoples minds outside of Pittsburgh the officiating was very lopsided favoring the STeelers. 

That's the point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL ratings and poor officiating - bengalfan74 - 10-08-2016, 06:01 PM