Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CUBS POSTSEASON THREAD
This needs started per the ghost of Harry Carey and Uncle Buck John Candy in his Cubs pajamas. For The Blues Brothers giving Wrigley Field as their fake address. For MR Cub Ernie Banks. For all the ghosts of fans and players from over 100 years without a World Series Win and not even in a World Series since World War II.

On their side is a great manager in Madden. Plus great pitching. Great defense. They have hitting. They have a bullpen and Chapman as the closer, he of the 105 MPH fastball. This is their best team since Tinker to Evers to Chance and 3 Fingers Brown. ....Against them is some kind of a curse or ill fate or bad luck......The Red Sox broke their bad luck streak, Can the Cubs break theirs.....It is possible to have a World Series in the two oldest ball parks if Cubs meet Red Sox. Another team that has not won in a long time is Cleveland. A Cubs vs Indians World Series possible.

Let the Cubs in Play-Offs begin....PLAY BALL !!!!
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Been a big Cubs fan since '05, that's 2005 to you youngsters.  I've seen many ups and downs since that time and I gotta say, I'm 100% convinced they are getting bounced in the NLDS.  Especially since they are playing the Giants an in even #'d year.......and, AND they put the Cubbies on the front page of SI.  The season is over them, they just don't know it yet.  I thought they had a chance against the Mets but that plan got blown outta the water when they decided to take Syndergaard out late in the game last night.  My prediction is a Giants-Red Sox World Series.  

I hate that.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 12:55 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Been a big Cubs fan since '05, that's 2005 to you youngsters.  I've seen many ups and downs since that time and I gotta say, I'm 100% convinced they are getting bounced in the NLDS.  Especially since they are playing the Giants an in even #'d year.......and, AND they put the Cubbies on the front page of SI.  The season is over them, they just don't know it yet.  I thought they had a chance against the Mets but that plan got blown outta the water when they decided to take Syndergaard out late in the game last night.  My prediction is a Giants-Red Sox World Series.  

I hate that.

I don't see it....I see The Dodgers and I can really see Washington as road blocks. ...Not the Giants....Cubs pitching will mow down the Giants. .....In the end I see the Cubs pitching getting them to the World Series.  Cubs were most dominate team for a reason....Plus Coach Madden is a great coach.  He turned around losing Tampa and losing Cubs. Just a great coach.....and in the 9th inning to get saves, who better than Chapman. I hoped he would be in this position for the Reds. Looks like it will be The Cubs. Funny how that worked out after Chapman and Rizzo run in a year or two ago. Now teammates pulling for a TEAM WIN.......and the Cubs were loaded at starter 5 pitchers deep, and you do not use 5 starters in play-offs. So Cubs bullpen just got even stronger. CUBS are loaded with top pitching. Pitching beats hitting, but the Cubs also have hitting.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Been an Arrieta fan since his O's days. Hoping they take it. If not, the Nats or the Indians.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Hoping Cueto crushes the Cubs tonight and then the Cubs can do as they please in the rest of the series, so long as Cueto dominates.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 10:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hoping Cueto crushes the Cubs tonight and then the Cubs can do as they please in the rest of the series, so long as Cueto dominates.

Ex Red Cueto pitched great wit 3 hits, 10 K's and 1 lone home run.... but Cubs were better giving up no runs, Ex Red Chapman getting the save.  Ex Reds catcher Ross on Cubs also. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Now Cubs up 2 games to 0.......Chapman has 2 saves in 2 innings, no runs, 3 strikeouts. .....He is going to be tough to beat in these post season games.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
CUBS ADVANCE.....Beat Giants 3 games to 1......Chapman gets 3 saves, his last one he struck out 3 batters, no runs in last inning. ....Ex Reds catcher David Ross came up big swinging the bat in the final win......You know, the Cubs were good anyway. Then Yankees dealt them Chapman. Chapman in the 9th inning makes Cubs awesome. Reds fans know how dominate Chapman is.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Dodgers????

Nationals???

Personally, I'm hoping for the Dodgers to win tonight.  I like the Cubs chances better against their pitching staff than I do the Nationals. 
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Cubs behind 2 game to 1........They do not want to be down 3 games to 1......Tonight's game is huge for Cubs to make World Series for first time since World War II.....Bengals fans that think we have a play-off drought, the Cubs fans can say ours is nothing compared to theirs.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'm impressed how the Dodgers throw that lefty lineup out there against RH pitchers. Last night they had 7 of the 8 regulars as lefties. For the year they are 69-47 against RH pitching and under .500 against LH pitching.
Reply/Quote
Cubs up 3-2 going back to Chicago ...Cleveland waiting to play Cubs or Dodgers.....A Great Lake World Series ???
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
So for you baseball junkies.  How do you see the Series playing out?  About the only thing I know about the Indians baseball team is that they play in Cleveland.  I know nothing about them.  Other than they have a really good bullpen, and they are base running team.  Lou Brown is their manager and their team leader is their catcher, Jake Taylor. They have a veteran pitcher named Eddie Harris who seems to throw all kinds of junk at you and this hot young rookie pitcher named Vaughn who throws 100 miles an hour but with real consistency issues, at least in the beginning of the season.  Cerrano is their slugger and Willie Hayes is a speedster off the bases.  

I think its going to be a good Series.  Hopefully going 6-7 games with the Cubbies bringing home the hardware, but what I don't know about the Indians scares the living bejesus out of me. 

Reply/Quote
World Series Games Friday, Saturday and Sunday in Wrigley Field now......as teams leave Cleveland tied 1 to 1......Chapman finished the win Wednesday night as the Cubs Closer.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 03:03 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: So for you baseball junkies.  How do you see the Series playing out?  About the only thing I know about the Indians baseball team is that they play in Cleveland.  I know nothing about them.  Other than they have a really good bullpen, and they are base running team.  Lou Brown is their manager and their team leader is their catcher, Jake Taylor. They have a veteran pitcher named Eddie Harris who seems to throw all kinds of junk at you and this hot young rookie pitcher named Vaughn who throws 100 miles an hour but with real consistency issues, at least in the beginning of the season.  Cerrano is their slugger and Willie Hayes is a speedster off the bases.  

I think its going to be a good Series.  Hopefully going 6-7 games with the Cubbies bringing home the hardware, but what I don't know about the Indians scares the living bejesus out of me. 
Both teams have good managers.....For hitting, Indians have Francisco Lindor, Mike Napoli, Jose Ramirez, Carlos Santana, Jason Kipnis and base stealer Rajai Davis.....Cubs have Anthony Rizzo and Kris Bryant.........both teams have great pitching. ....Indians have Corey Kluber, Carlos Carrasco , Danny Salazar, Dan Otero, and Cody Allen. ....Cubs have Jake Arrieta, John Lester, Kyle Hendricks, Jason Hammel,  John Lackey, Trevor Cahill, Travis Wood, Pedro Strop, Hector Rondon and Aroldis Chaoman. 

The Indians have more hitting, The Cubs have more pitching, but both teams had enough hitting, pitching and defense to get this far.  Both managers are very good.  Indians manager won in Boston and Cubs manager able to win with even Tampa. ....Should be a great series....A GREAT LAKES WORLD SERIES. ....May be the first one of those ever. ......Both teams have not won in a long time.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Cleveland one win away from winning World Series....3 games to 1......It does not look good for the Cubs......I hope they win at least one game tonight in Chicago for the fans.....and it would be better for Indian Fans to win it all in Cleveland Tuesday or Wednesday.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
At least Cubs fans got to see one win in Wrigley....
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Not a Cubs fan, never was. But, in the years when I did watch baseball, Harry Carey was the sound of summer. Always had WGN on in the '80s whenever the Cubs were playing. Wish I had a dollar for every time I heard "With Steve Stone, this is Harry Carey...." wafting from our tv.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 09:14 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Not a Cubs fan, never was. But, in the years when I did watch baseball, Harry Carey was the sound of summer. Always had WGN on in the '80s whenever the Cubs were playing. Wish I had a dollar for every time I heard "With Steve Stone, this is Harry Carey...." wafting from our tv.
Me too man. I couldn't believe my roommates in college didn't know who Harry Carey was until I introduced them. I've got a lot if friends from Cleveland, so I'd like to see them win for them, but part of me wants the Cubs to win for Steve Bartman.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote