Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
bfine's watchlist
(12-01-2016, 07:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Which is a shame.  Peppers brings something that a lot of today's players do not, spark, emotion, high energy, whatever you want to call it.  Sure, it might take a year or two to temper him into a modern professional, but the rewards could be off the chart, as is his football IQ.  Many of us have all agreed that Reggie Nelson's loss was a huge impact on the defense.  Why not bring in that sort of leader?

Not having a natural position fit, he has a very high bust risk.  We already have two thumpers at S with Iloka and Williams, and if we were to look at a S that high, it would have to be a guy with elite ball skills, which Peppers sorely lacks.

Garrett or Allen would be huge gets for our DL, but if both are gone, I think there are much better options than Peppers.

Mike Williams would immediately give us one of the best WR tandems, and would open up a ton of space underneath for Eifert and Boyd.  

You don't like going RB this high, but Leonard Fournette is a monster.  Plus Gio will be coming off a major knee injury, Hill will be a FA after next year, and both Burkhead and Peerman are UFA's this year.

Although we're sick to death of 1st round CB's, if Dre leaves, Marlon Humphry would be a great get.

Although either will likely be a bit of a reach, Reuben Foster or Zach Cunningham would provide a desperately needed talent infusion to the LB corps.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 07:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Which is a shame.  Peppers brings something that a lot of today's players do not, spark, emotion, high energy, whatever you want to call it.  Sure, it might take a year or two to temper him into a modern professional, but the rewards could be off the chart, as is his football IQ.  Many of us have all agreed that Reggie Nelson's loss was a huge impact on the defense.  Why not bring in that sort of leader?

He's athletic ill give him that, but he made his name being a gadgety type of player, and I just haven't seen enough to say that Peppers would make a good Linebacker or Safety. I don't want a guy whos going to take a year or two to learn a position at the professional level, I want a guy who can come and make an impact immediately.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 10:56 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: He's athletic ill give him that, but he made his name being a gadgety type of player, and I just haven't seen enough to say that Peppers would make a good Linebacker or Safety. I don't want a guy whos going to take a year or two to learn a position at the professional level, I want a guy who can come and make an impact immediately.

Your take is interesting.  CBS is projecting him as a CB, and has him going to the Bengals.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 12:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Your take is interesting.  CBS is projecting him as a CB, and has him going to the Bengals.

That's just the thing, i've seen him listed as a CB, a S, and a OLB, but I mean which one of those is he consistently good at? I've seen him make plays at DB, but get burned a lot too. As a OLB ive seen him make plays in the open field, but he gets enveloped by blockers when attacked. There's just not enough there for me to want him anywhere in the top ten picks. You're basically drafting a guy who excels at special teams, but is just Ok at defense.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 12:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Your take is interesting.  CBS is projecting him as a CB, and has him going to the Bengals.

Well, he would fit the mold of a 1st round Bengals CB....he would be a stud on ST's for 3-4 years before ever taking a snap on defense.
Reply/Quote
Have any of you actually watched Peppers? He can't cover anyone. He came to Michigan as a CB and couldn't stick because he's terrible in coverage. That's why they basically made him a LB and put him into positions where he could used his athleticism (i.e. he wasn't touched) to make plays behind the line of scrimmage. PFF just tweeted the other day that he was targeted defensively 26 times and gave up 20 catches without a single pass defended. That's more than "raw", that's just bad.

He's miscast as a defender. I wouldn't touch him until the second round and then I'd put him at WR/returner. That's where he could be special.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2016, 12:25 AM)RiverRat13 Wrote: Have any of you actually watched Peppers? He can't cover anyone. He came to Michigan as a CB and couldn't stick because he's terrible in coverage. That's why they basically made him a LB and put him into positions where he could used his athleticism (i.e. he wasn't touched) to make plays behind the line of scrimmage. PFF just tweeted the other day that he was targeted defensively 26 times and gave up 20 catches without a single pass defended. That's more than "raw", that's just bad.

He's miscast as a defender. I wouldn't touch him until the second round and then I'd put him at WR/returner. That's where he could be special.

This is why I love Hooker. Well that and another reason
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Man 6'7" is damn tall for a Center. I doubt Andy would be able to see over Pocic no matter how good he is.

I love watching Jibril Peppers play but he is more of a Returner than a DB, like RiverRat here says, he cannot cover.

Hooker over Peppers all day.

Hoping for Garrett, Cunningham, Foster, Allen or Tim Williams to fall to us in the 1st.
Reply/Quote
For me, it's Myles Garrett if he somehow falls far enough.
But being realistic, I'm thinking it's gotta be one of:
Cam Robinson (OT Alabama)
Reuben Foster (ILB Alabama)
Mike Williams (WR Clemson)
Derek Barnett (DE Tennessee)
Zach Cunningham (ILB Vanderbilt)

Maybe Malik McDowell since he's 6'5", 275-285 lb. But he might be a better fit as a 3-4 DE or maybe a 4-3 UT.
Maybe Tim Williams but I think he's a 3-4 OLB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Another one that has made it onto the watchlist (3rd Rd) is Issah (Zay) Jones. WR/ECU
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote