Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dansby and Maualuga Worst Strarting LB in NFL
(10-21-2016, 05:59 PM)CoreyK Wrote: I doubt you have seen that much, but even so I doubt you actually know what you are really watching. Do you understand a curl/hook zone concept and responsibilities? How about responsibilities for a Tampa 2 MLB when facing an un balanced formation? Maybe explain how receiver count changes responsibilities based on the zone called?

My guess is you understand none of what I just said (like most fans), and therefor are basing your observations off really little more than casual observation of guys running around on a football field. Everyone is free to talk about football here, it's a forum of course, but if you want to decree someone horrible and "the worst" you may want to know what you are actually talking about.

I am aware of what a curl/hook zone concept is as well as tampa 2 mlb concept.  In curl/hook zone concept most likely your OLB has curl/hook responsibilities.  Its possible in nickel or dime package that responsibility falls on Nickel back or Dime backs.  Also very possible you can zone blitz and give that responsibility to a DT or DE (though unlikely) although Paulie G likes to use DE in such a manner.

In Tampa 2 the MLB has deep middle coverage.  In Tampa 2 the 2 safeties play outside hash marks left and right deep with corners playing the flat zone. 

What else you got for me??? Im not like "most" fans.

By the way Dansby blew coverage in man to man twice to exact same route (two way go) where james white chose out route vs dansby in man.  Dansby showed how extremely slow and unathletic he was on both plays.

The problem with that was alignment both times idk what the play call was and where the help was supposed to be,I know that most teams have the  linebacker just wide of the de and if the back comes right up the middle that's where your help would come from...the can't expect to line dansby up shading middle and cover a fast back to the outside all by himself that's stupid I blame calling and not dansby if that's what they asked of hi m
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dansby and Maualuga Worst Strarting LB in NFL - Tlawsonmariat82 - 10-21-2016, 06:10 PM