Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Favorite and/or most influential guitarists (for you as a player or in general)
(07-10-2015, 12:43 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Correct. I just wanted people to post players that were influential to them, whether it be as a player or just a music lover. Figured we'd get a lot of different styles and genres. It's pretty cool because even though you may not be a fan of a particular type of music or band, it's still possible to enjoy listening to someone that 'speak to you' in a musical way. 

(07-10-2015, 04:58 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: Most influential guitar players on my playing? Hmmmmmm, so many. I do have a top 2, which is Randy Rhoads and Jimmy Page. I immersed myself in their music so much when I first started playing. Randy Rhoads influenced my lead playing. Page made me love chords of all kind. I am also heavily influenced by his lead playing too. Here are some of my favorite guitar players, ones that influenced me. In no particular order-

Chet Atkins
Angus Young (I can hear one note, and tell it's him)
Dave Mustaine
Jeff Hanneman
John Frusciante and Hillel
Yngwie
Jimmy Nolan (James Brown)
Prince (Jesus, is there any instrument he can't do?)
EVH
Mick Mars (Most don't like him, but I like his style a lot)
Joe Walsh (Love his slow ascending bends)
Frank Zappa (so underrated)
Tony Iommi (riff master!!!)
George Lynch
Warren DeMartini
Jake E Lee (might be my 3rd biggest influence)
Frank Hannon (would have been huge in the 70s, even over his 80s success)
Joe Perry (I think his solo style is very unique)
Johnny Ramone (basic, but sounded so cool)

I can list so much more.
There is one guy's playing I really admire and most hard rock/metal people have never heard if him.

It was Kendall Bechtel of Fifth Angel.

I had a chance to meet up with the singer of FA to talk about putting a project together in the early 90s when I lived in Seattle.

The album Kendall plays on was produced by Terry Brown of Rush fame. 

I thought the mix was done very well and the guitar leads and tones they got were outstanding.

If you listen to it you can hear clearly influences of Lynch/Jake E Lee/Michael Schenker which is and awesome mix.

The vocals are okay but the writing reminds me a lot of Dokken.

Check out this song.

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Favorite and/or most influential guitarists (for you as a player or in general) - BengalsRocker - 07-11-2015, 01:02 AM