Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Favorite and/or most influential guitarists (for you as a player or in general)
(07-11-2015, 12:47 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yeah Paisley is really good and so is Steve Wariner.  They are pretty genre specific.  That's why I like Urban's playing.  He's a hybrid rock/country player.

The thing amazing about Paisley is how he sings and just throws those licks out like they are nothing.  Effortless.

Like I said before.  Most current rock player's are pretty bland and boring.  You have Avenged Sevenfold and Dragonforce and a slew of Killswitch Engage knock-offs.

The guy from Black Tide is very talented.

Really none of the new players do very much for me.

Joe Bonamassa is talented but he just comes off as an arrogant ass to me.  He's songs are meh.
   Interesting story about Paisley, when he came to Nash he wouldn't show how good of guitar player that he was for fear of the industry trying to pigeonhole him as a studio player. Which is exactly what they would have tried to do. He wanted to be accepted as a singer first. It was only after he got his first real deal that he actually pulled back the curtain to reveal that he is a monster guitar player. He has a cd that is exclusively dedicated to just guitar playing of several different styles. There are a couple of songs on it where he sings but it's mostly guitar work. Anyone that thinks he can only play specifically in the country genre would be mislead.
   As for Bonamassa coming off as "an arrogant ass", nine out of ten gifted guitar players seem to come off this way. That's like saying the sky is blue. I've yet to meet an uber talented GP that's willing to admit that another player is better than themselves. Dude's a beast and every musician worth his salt knows this.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Favorite and/or most influential guitarists (for you as a player or in general) - coachmcneil71 - 07-14-2015, 04:24 AM