Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Favorite and/or most influential guitarists (for you as a player or in general)
(08-16-2015, 11:52 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Jimi Hendrix...of course.  If he would have lived, music would have went in a different direction.

Eric Clapton is a damned good guitarist too. He just has a great style to his playing.

Jeff Beck. I really don't see how there was only one mention of him in the entire thread.  The dude could do it all.

Tom Morrello has been my favorite for quite a long time though.  The guy is amazing.

I saw Morello last year playing with Bruce Springsteen at US Bank arena.  A lot of the time he just blended in with the rest of the E Street Band, but at times he took over and did his thing.  I've heard him for 20+ yrs, and always knew he has a unique style, but to see him use his tricks live (picking strings above the nut, using his wedding ring as a slide to make the scratching sound, playing with only his left hand) was pretty amazing.  The crowd was probably 65% baby boomers, and they were even digging it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idedgaZ60vk
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Favorite and/or most influential guitarists (for you as a player or in general) - jason - 08-17-2015, 05:48 PM