Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game?
(07-09-2015, 01:29 AM)bearstronaut Wrote: You keep on quoting our defenses regular season ranking.  Why?  They didn't play well in the playoff games.  Period.  Andy Dalton put up some decent stats in those years regular seasons also.  But then he didn't play well in the playoff game.  That's your problem with him.  So why bring up that the defense was good in the regular season?  It doesnt matter if we had the number 1 ranked defense all 3 of the years you listed above.  They didnt show up in the playoff game.  Like the whole team.

No.  I was replying to someone who brought up the defensive ranking this season as an explanation as to why we fell short, and/or, IMO, to deflect blame from Andy.  I was simply asking for clarification as to why then we didn't win when our defense was near the top of the rankings, if they were truly to blame for this season's shortcomings. Same goes for injuries or lack thereof.

Strange how I hear the "whole team" always gets brought up in these losses.  But I also always hear about how many games "Andy has won."  Funny how that works.  Andy made the playoffs 4 straight years.  Andy has won 40 games.  The team lost those games though.  Sure, and Noodles historically awful playoff run has nothing to with it either.  Nothing more than a team effort.  Rolleyes

You guys flip flop and just make this garbage up on the fly.  Look no further than fact that I'm now trying defend the relevancy of team defense, after replying to a team Andy guy, who brought it up to begin with.  I'm now getting grilled on the relevancy on the very thing that was just used to defend him.  Amazing.  Simply amazing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game? - Wes Mantooth - 07-09-2015, 02:24 AM