Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game?
(07-09-2015, 02:24 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: No.  I was replying to someone who brought up the defensive ranking this season as an explanation as to why we fell short, and/or, IMO, to deflect blame from Andy.  I was simply asking for clarification as to why then we didn't win when our defense was near the top of the rankings, if they were truly to blame for this season's shortcomings.  Same goes for injuries or lack thereof.

Strange how I hear the "whole team" always gets brought up in these losses.  But I also always hear about how many games "Andy has won."  Funny how that works.  Andy made the playoffs 4 straight years.  Andy has won 40 games.  The team lost those games though.  Sure, and Noodles historically awful playoff run has nothing to with it either.  Nothing more than a team effort.  Rolleyes

You guys flip flop and just make this garbage up on the fly.  Look no further than fact that I'm now trying defend the relevancy of team defense, after replying to a team Andy guy, who brought it up to begin with.  I'm now getting grilled on the relevancy on the very thing that was just used to defend him.  Amazing.  Simply amazing.

We lost on the road in Houston in 2011 and 2012 to a better team.

The offense and defense played poorly in 2011.
In 2012, the offense played poorly.
In 2013, our defense and offense played poorly in the playoff loss.
In 2014, our defense and offense played poorly.

In 2014, our offense and defense had major injuries with our offense having more than the defense. By the 2014 playoff game, we have essentially an average number 2 or 3 receiver playing as our number 1. We had our 4th string TE starting as we lost Eifert, Gresham and Smith to injury. We had used a running back as a receiver that was how weak our WR/TE situation was in Indy.

I am extremely disappointed in 1 playoff loss, the loss at home in 2013 was inexcusable. There is no doubt AD gets a lot of the blame, but so does Burfict who played like crap while the defense allowed 200 yards rushing. Green dropped a sure fire TD. Gio fumbled. AD made way too many mistakes including an unforced fumble on a scramble.

2013 was the year AD and  the entire team blew it.

The other 3 are very debatable and would have taken huge upsets. Those upsets obviously did not happen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game? - Luvnit2 - 07-09-2015, 08:08 AM