Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game?
(07-08-2015, 05:01 PM)McC Wrote: Gotta get the defense back to least close to what it was.  That makes the whole offense's jobs easier.

I would think the Bengals will be a better team this year than last.  I think we will get back to the playoffs.  Then the whole team, players and coaches, everybody, has to beat the guy across from him.  Play it all out one play at a time.  If you concentrate on details, it's easier to put bigger picture things out of your mind. That giant monkey has to weigh a lot walking out onto that playoff field.

They need more cleverness in game planning.  They need more resiliency, more determination.  They need to be stronger physically and mentally.  Somehow, they just need to be able to just go out there and play and leave all the negativity behind.

The pieces look like they're in place.  And I'm a firm believer that because a thing hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it never can.

If I'm weighing hope and confidence, I have more hope but I'm kinda on the edge of my seat, itching to see some proof and wanting so much to believe all out.

I wanna say yes.  The best I can do at this point is say I hope so.

Anyone can understand why beat writers for other teams would say no.  You can make a case for yes or no.

The case for no is based on past history and the case for yes is mostly based on hope and what there is on paper.

I mean clearly the guys for the other teams are biased (as is Coley, which makes me cringe sometimes).

This is part of the overall problem. If we want to win a a championship (which I suppose many of us do), the team is going to have to change its perception from around the league. Teams don't go from bottom feeders to dynasties in one year, they have to pay their dues like everybody else.

Look at the early history of the Pittsburgh Steelers to see what I'm talking about. It takes awhile for an organization to learn how to win, but one would have to be delusional to deny that we're not at least headed in the right direction without a doubt.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game? - PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop - 07-09-2015, 09:39 AM