Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game?
(07-09-2015, 10:24 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I still don't see where I stated I felt there were no reasons for any fan to think we will never win a playoff game.

I think you took one sentence out of context. Please read again and tell me where I specifically said there were no reasons for any fan to feel we can't win a playoff game. That was your trying to embellish my sentence and assuming I stated something I did not. If I thought that, I would made it very clear and lumped all fans into one bucket, I did not, I just referenced one talking point of some fans who may be taking an extreme view of now way possible for a myriad of reasons, in this case, it was now looking at our off season. Our off season to me always includes getting key players back from injury (projected to be ready by start of the season), free agency, the draft and the off season work of all players to be better in 2015 than they were in 2014. Rookies become 2nd year players and so on. I feel we don't have older players yet to be concerned with heading downward due to wear and tear yet in 2015.

I referenced our offseason which is one element added to the past getting to the playoffs.

Gotcha, but it may be a good idea to check your wording if you don't want people taking it "out of context". I took nothing out of context, by definition. I merely responded to your words as you said them, it's not my fault if you didn't type exactly what you meant.

When someone says "To answer the questions, can we win a playoff game, only a fan ignoring our off season would say no way", it literally means that ONLY a fan ignoring our offseason would say that we can't win a playoff game. Hence, you not believing there is a reason for any fan to say "no way" to us winning a playoff game this year. I'm not twisting your words, I'm not taking anything out of context. I'm reading them exactly as you wrote them.

Again, if you stated all of this other stuff in your original post and didn't make the blanket statement that "only a fan ignoring our offseason would say no way", I wouldn't have even commented on it to begin with. It's sort of funny if you think about it. You're actually mad at me for NOT misinterpreting what you said. I assumed your own written words reflected your thoughts, but apparently you meant something other than what you said. It's not a problem if someone has misspoken, I do it myself, but I can own to it when it happens and clarify what I originally meant without getting mad at someone for NOT being able to read my mind.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game? - djs7685 - 07-09-2015, 10:29 AM