Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game?
(07-09-2015, 11:28 AM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: I read your post. Its length does it no justice, but regardless of that quality it is still a jumbled mess of jibber jabber and nonsense.

You say that playoff games are more important than other games, and that the Bengals (specifically, Andy Dalton and Marvin Lewis) cannot win a playoff game. I can sympathize with this point, but I refuse to put the blame soley on them. The blame mainly goes to the organization overall. To Mike Brown. To having one of the smallest scouting departments in the league. To being in the small, irrelevant town of Cincinnati. To everything but simply these two men (Andy and Marvin, I mean). Sure, they deserve some blame as well, but it all starts at the top.

What say you to this? Do you deny that we reek and sustain the stigma of a lower tier organization? Do you deny that we are on the same level as the Browns/Jaguars when it comes to the worst organizations in football? Do you deny that this stigma and lack of quality stemming from the top has a big part to play in all of this? The Bengals still have a very long way to go before we win a Super Bowl. One playoff win next year or whenever is not going to change that, despite any sort of delusional thinking.

I am about as far from being a Bengal homer as there is, but since 2011 the Bengals have turned into a 1st rate NFL club. Thank Carson Plamer for telling Mike Brown where to shove his money for the changes.

If it were just a year or two, I would still be in wait and see mode. But the changes since 2011 have the Bengals, I would say, top 6-7, in the NFL in terms of organization, class, and respect.

Off the field changes since Carson....

- Mike Brown giving Duke Tobin the GM role (without the title) has led to one of the best scouting programs in the NFL.
- 5 excellent drafts in a row has given the Bengals a top 10 talented roster in the NFL for several season in a row. The Bengals rank #1 in the NFL for having the most players they originally drafted on their roster. http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/166828/inside-slant-bengals-saints-bracket-this-accounting-of-nfl-homegrown-talent
- Locker room culture is that of a winner and first class in the NFL.
- Players are noted for their contributions in the community and character, rather than (knock on wood) trouble or suspensions.
- Katie Blackburn is doing an incredible job now with the cap and managing contracts. Money management and dead money contracts are top shelf in the NFL. No team is managed better with cap space and smart contracts.
- Players WANT to come play here or WANT to come back. Gone are the days of Corey Dillon or Carl Pickens hating it here.
- Positive media coverage and articles about how good the team is and rarely bad.

On the field....

- The Bengals have realistically high expectations every season. They have a high bar, not a low one.

I am actually proud to be a Bengals fan because of the last 5 seasons and how the team is run. Very very proud. I am ok with where they are at in terms of post season performance because they put themselves in position to be successful every year. Without question the stigma has been gone for a while and they have become part of the top tier NFL teams as an organization.

Also... Andy Dalton need to get better. (Had to say it. Thread was lacking AD hate).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game? - PDub80 - 07-09-2015, 02:33 PM