Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game?
(07-09-2015, 12:14 PM)djs7685 Wrote: The first part of the bolded is true, because they are. Just like the Super Bowl being more important than the playoff games once you get there, the single elimination playoff games are "more important" to win than some regular season games once you qualify for the postseason tournament. I'm sorry that you don't understand that.

I have an issue with the second part of the bold statement. I've NEVER said that the Bengals can't win a playoff game, I've NEVER said that Marvin Lewis can't win a playoff game, and I've NEVER said that Andy Dalton can't win a playoff game. This is just you proving that you need strawman arguments to make your points and/or you're not bright enough to read properly.

Your last paragraph is just hogwash. We aren't a lower tier organization. We aren't on the same level as the Browns or Jaguars. One playoff win next season is another step in the right direction whether you acknowledge that or not. I'm sure you'll find plenty more strawman arguments to utilize and maybe you'll even completely contradict yourself again. I guess we'll see, stay tuned, folks!

I yield, I yield.

Seriously though, the playoff thing is just a way for the media to rag on a small market team.

I don't want to get too deep into this right now, but regardless of how well the organization has been doing objectively as of late, there is still the PERCEPTION that we are a lower tier org. And that truly makes a difference in this league (from everything to free agents, to coaches, to owners, to players on the team, to other fans, etc).

The way to change that perception is to get SUPER BOWL wins. Not playoff wins. I don't think that this argument is very flawed here. Playoff wins are nice, but Super Bowl wins get the right kind of publicity. That's how you change perceptions. Settling for playoff wins as fans just feeds this idea that Bengals fans are depraved and have low standards. Our goal should be the Super Bowl victories, and that's the only way we'll ever get one. Over and out.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game? - PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop - 07-09-2015, 07:43 PM