Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game?
(07-10-2015, 12:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Of course they'd be winning despite Dalton's performance. He's been terrible.

I'm just capable of admitting that the rest of the team isn't looking so hot either.

True, and I may know nothing about football, but isn't it more likely for a bad offensive performance to torpedo the defense than vice versa?  The defense looks worse when they are given short fields. You can't run the ball as much when you are behind so if you keep stuffing it up on offense you aren't killing the clock. Etc.

Fantasy football alone should tell you how much QB numbers can benefit if your defense just gives up the score immediately and the QB gets to go back on the field and throw like it's an old AFL game. Look at the Bengals in the mid 00s. Palmer scores, defense stinks, Palmer scores, etc. The guy threw 6 TDs and lost to the Browns once, for Pete's sake.

I'm sure I come off as a big ol' hater, but when people complain about our defense not generating turnovers in the post-season my response is "what makes you think more opportunities for Dalton would lead to more TDs and not more turnovers?"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game? - Nately120 - 07-10-2015, 01:19 PM