Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game?
(07-11-2015, 04:09 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I think the defense needs held accountable, but I'm just not so sure they've been as bad as people are claiming.

Sure, if you just say "they've averaged X against the run each game!" then it looks much worse than it really is. Go play-by-play in these games.

7 out of 11 San Diego drives ended with 10 or less total yards. People say that the defense "didn't make enough big plays", but...really?! The defense holds them to SEVEN drives of 10 or less yards, and nobody considers that making big plays?! I'm sorry, but that's where I'm losing track of where people are coming from bashing the defense for every game. Yes, the 2 different 80 yard drives by San Diego were awful for the D, but let's not pretend that defenses are going to be absolutely perfect, no matter how good they are.

The only thing i'll add about this is; in the first half, the Chargers scored on 1 of 5 possessions. A TD. 
In the second half, they scored on 4 of 6 possessions. 2 TDs, 2 FGs. 

People point to the Dalton turnovers, and while i don't like them a bit...SD scored a TD after the 1st (fumble), a FG after the 2nd (int to the bengals 3 yd line) and they punted after the 3rd (2nd int). 

I can't come up with any valid reasons why the defense played so bad in the 2nd half other than they were bad.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game? - rfaulk34 - 07-11-2015, 04:39 PM