Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game?
(07-11-2015, 04:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The only thing i'll add about this is; in the first half, the Chargers scored on 1 of 5 possessions. A TD. 
In the second half, they scored on 4 of 6 possessions. 2 TDs, 2 FGs. 

People point to the Dalton turnovers, and while i don't like them a bit...SD scored a TD after the 1st (fumble), a FG after the 2nd (int to the bengals 3 yd line) and they punted after the 3rd (2nd int). 

I can't come up with any valid reasons why the defense played so bad in the 2nd half other than they were bad.

Huh?

In the second half, the defense gave up an 80 yard drive (really bad), then a 40 yard drive off a turnover (FG off a 40 yard drive, not the worst thing to happen), then another FG, but the defense held them to NEGATIVE 2 yards before that FG. How much better do you want them to play on that drive after an INT? Then they held the SD offense to a 3 and out. The next SD drive was basically garbage time where they held them to another 3 and out, but I won't even consider that great since it was obviously going to be run, run, run. Then came the big Ronnie Brown run, yet again, in garbage time.

The Bengals D played a great first half in that game, absolutely great minus the one drive, but I think we can let that slide when you consider 28 total yards otherwise. In the second half, were they really as bad as you're claiming? I don't think so.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game? - djs7685 - 07-11-2015, 04:52 PM