Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game?
(07-11-2015, 04:52 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Huh?

In the second half, the defense gave up an 80 yard drive (really bad), then a 40 yard drive off a turnover (FG off a 40 yard drive, not the worst thing to happen), then another FG, but the defense held them to NEGATIVE 2 yards before that FG. How much better do you want them to play on that drive after an INT? Then they held the SD offense to a 3 and out. The next SD drive was basically garbage time where they held them to another 3 and out, but I won't even consider that great since it was obviously going to be run, run, run. Then came the big Ronnie Brown run, yet again, in garbage time.

The Bengals D played a great first half in that game, absolutely great minus the one drive, but I think we can let that slide when you consider 28 total yards otherwise. In the second half, were they really as bad as you're claiming? I don't think so.

I would say the 80 yd drive and the 58 yard run were "really bad"s. Garbage time or not. 20 points in a half, let alone the 2nd half--at home--are really bad. Only giving up 10 pts off 3 turnovers was a big positive in keeping the game somewhat in hand. The offense did nothing to contribute positively in the 2nd half (as usual) but that doesn't excuse the defense giving up 20 in the half. 

I'm not placing them higher than the offense in terms of accountability. They both crapped the bed. But i'm not giving the defense any excuses either.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game? - rfaulk34 - 07-11-2015, 05:26 PM