Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game?
(07-11-2015, 05:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I would say the 80 yd drive and the 58 yard run were "really bad"s. Garbage time or not. 20 points in a half, let alone the 2nd half--at home--are really bad. Only giving up 10 pts off 3 turnovers was a big positive in keeping the game somewhat in hand. The offense did nothing to contribute positively in the 2nd half (as usual) but that doesn't excuse the defense giving up 20 in the half. 

I'm not placing them higher than the offense in terms of accountability. They both crapped the bed. But i'm not giving the defense any excuses either.

I was at the SD playoff game. That long TD run had nothing to do with the outcome of the game. Everyone in the stadium knew it was over and the clock was a formality. I can't ding the D for that as it didn't matter and was so late in the game. The D was on the field so much the 2nd half it was unreasonable. Keep in mind, the Chargers had the the ball for basically 4 straight possessions in the 3rd quarter.

14 points off of normal drives. 2 field goals off of 4 turn overs. And a long, meaningless TD run with 3 mins to go. That is a tough defense that kept the team in the game but got hung out to dry in the middle of the 3rd.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game? - PDub80 - 07-11-2015, 09:05 PM