Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game?
(07-11-2015, 04:47 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Was the defense amazing? No, but they still only gave up 19 total points.

For some reason, I tend to think 19 points given up is a lot more impressive than 52 total yards until 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and ZERO offensive points in the entire game.

Zero, nada, zilch, none. No points on offense.

If the offense isn't even a little bit more to blame than the defense in that game, then I'm not so sure this is an objective discussion on both sides. I've said it plenty of times in this thread, the defense never really had a game where they took over to win, I admit that. However, I do expect an offense to score more than ZERO points in a game. If you want to try and bring up a game where it's closer to 50/50 blame for the offense/defense, the 2012 Texans game probably isn't your best bet. I have no problem throwing the defense under the bus in 2011 and 2014, but I'm not so sure about the 2 others.

Some seem to be fixated on whether the offense or defense deserves slightly more blame for each of the losses. To me, it's like arguing about which end of the same turd stinks more.

The truth is, that neither side has played well enough. Both sides have crumbled when it mattered most. At this point, I honestly don't care about percentages of blame...because the entire team, including the HC and his staff, have played their part in the record setting playoff failures.

I will say though...I hope like hell that they can finally win a postseason game, or 2, or 3 this year...because I would much rather be debating who is most responsible for a playoff "win" for a change!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game? - Bengalholic - 07-11-2015, 11:34 PM