Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game?
(07-12-2015, 02:21 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep, it was an absolutely pathetic and embarrassing performance by the offense. But, you conveniently left out the fact that the D allowed Schaub to complete almost 80% of his passes, allowed 158 yards rushing, got owned by Owen Daniels, couldn't get any real pressure and played soft in coverage for much of the game.

If you want to say the offense stunk up the joint, I'm right there with you. But, if you're saying the D didn't get pushed around and outplayed by Houston's offense, then we definitely see things differently.

The offense scored 7.25 points per game.  I don't care if Matt Schlub completes 100% of his passes.  7 points and change hain't gonna win unless you're the 85 Bears or the game is played in the 1930s.

The defense stunk...except in 2012 when it outscored the offense. Remember that? Yea, we lost that game with a defense that gave up a net of 12 points. You know what kind of offense can't score more than 12 points? A 32nd ranked offense. And a defense that gives up 12? That's pretty good, if not the best.

Yep, it's a single game, but the more I look at the numbers the less fair it seems to just throw your hands and say "It's all bad!" because it's not ALL bad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game? - Nately120 - 07-12-2015, 02:47 AM