Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game?
(07-12-2015, 11:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: At least we have moved to an "offense v defense" argument.

Does everyone agree that Dalton has not been the only problem on the offense?
I agree Fred.

AJ Green dropped a huge TD pass in 2013 that could have swung momentum and out us down by 3 with 6 minutes to play. Yet, it is never really discussed.

Gio fumbles negating a first and goal, possibly putting us up 10 or even more if the defense stops the Chargers before the half (after the TD) with the crowd going nuts.

In 2014, no QB wins a Super Bowl with an average defense at best due to major injury to Burfict and Hall and Geno still not 100%. Add in he lost an all pro AJ Green for 6 games, Eifert and Jones for the season. By playoffs no Gresham (no 3rd string TE Smith either as he was lost for the year), no Wrigt, no Sanz. and no AJ.

AD has to made better decisions (avoid picks) and work on consistency. He has weaknesses no doubt, but so do our receiving corps. so did our OL once Smith was hurt and Winston took over. Our OL was different by the playoffs.

I am hopeful we can get a true gauge on AD in 2015, I think 2014 was a whacky injury plagued year so very hard to judge if AD is progressing, staying the same or getting worse.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game? - Luvnit2 - 07-12-2015, 11:21 AM