Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game?
(07-13-2015, 02:44 PM)djs7685 Wrote: If you take that one snippet out of the context of his entire post, uhh sure, I guess you could make your argument.

If you want to be like every non-Fred poster by not taking short samples out of posts to intentionally remove them from their original context, then you can clearly see that he didn't say "nothing else on a team matters and the QB is 100% responsible for every win and every loss".

PDub's post basically says that Andy has been awful (I'm assuming he is talking about the playoffs only here), more consistently than any other piece of the team. He seems to believe the team should fix the biggest problem (he feels is QB) because he doesn't think we'd have a good chance to win with Andy's poor performances even if the rest of the team played at a high level.

I could be completely wrong, but I think it's safe to say I'm a bit closer to my interpretation of his post than you were with the extreme point you attempted to make.

regardless of what PDub was trying to get at, to say you could fix everything else around Andy and still lose in the playoffs is not fair nor accurate. 
Big Ben has had some pretty awful (Dalton-esque, if you will) playoff games but his team was able to win. 
For god's sake, he had 22 rating in the friggin super bowl and WON.....
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Andy and the Bengals finally win a playoff game? - RoyleRedlegs - 07-13-2015, 03:04 PM