Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way for us to win next year-fix the running game
(01-12-2017, 04:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm fine with taking Fournette or Cook at 9 and fixing the o-line via FA, although I seriously doubt it plays out like that. Would also like Hooker, but didn't they just give a good contract to Shaun Williams? So...hard to see that happening.

At this point I'd bet my money on the Bengals taking either a pass rusher or a tackle at #9. It's a lazy, cheap and conservative approach, but that's exactly how the Bengals roll.

I don't know, as I don't remember them going after a pass rusher high in the first round (or in the first round at all) since Justin Smith.  Dunlap was a fairly high second rounder, and is a huge part of our team.

Teams that run a 4-3 defense rely on the talent on that front four, whereas the 3-4 teams rely more on their outside rusher and their LBs to make plays.  The Bengals have tried a number of third rounders to "fill the hole" at RDE, but they haven't had a talent there at some time.  MJ has been solid, nothing more, and has appeared to really decline of late.

I think the pass rushing RDE is probably the smart play given this draft class and talent available.  Though if I am completely honest with myself, after watching Sexy, Hill, and knowing about Gio's injury, I am really warming up to the idea of Dalvin Cook.  The defense showed itself to be pretty good again down the stretch, and they are getting what is essentially two really good "draft picks" next year in WJIII and Billings (not to forget Hardison as well).  The offense really needs options outside AJ and Eifert, and the running game makes the most sense.  Cook is a freak and I love what he could do to this offense.  I actually have him ranked above Barnett and only behind Garrett and Allen.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best way for us to win next year-fix the running game - SHRacerX - 01-14-2017, 04:54 PM