Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All-Bengals team just from the Lewis era.
I will have to give this some thought, but....considering the 4 straight play-off seasons and 5 out of last 6 years in play-offs, I'm going to pick mostly from this era and not the 2005 team of 1 play-off season in 6 years. ...I'm sure of his dozen years, I will focus more on the last 6 years. People act like the 2005 team won the Super Bowl. They didn't win a play-off game either, all excuses aside. Yes Carson got injured, but Kitna had a nice lead at half time as QB. Some of the team flipped out in the locker room at halftime when they heard how bad Carson was injured. Had they gave some support to Kitna, they may have held the lead. Kitna put up good numbers later with Detroit. We could have won with him, had some players not flipped out at halftime. The 2005 team fell apart fast into 2006, 2007,2008......I like the last 6 years except for the awful 2010 season of which I'm glad some big egos left this team and young players came in more focused on the program than self exploitation. .....I will say I would start with Whitworth, who always was focused and had to get in the face of some problem Bengals during games, players that wanted out of Cincinnati. Whitworth is GREAT.

Yes, there have been no play-off wins....but....The Bengals have had winning seasons 5 of the last 6 seasons, which never ever happened before in Cincinnati Bengals history. I'm pretty sure I will pick players from the last 6 years. Dalton will easily be my quarterback, never having a losing season in his first 4 years, and starting every game, 64 straight regular season starts. The players that wanted out of Cincinnati and trash talked Cincinnati will not be on my list. They were bad for moral and put themselves before the team. I will not support or salute that. Carson refusing to play here could have caused losing seasons from 2011 on, if not for the rookie Andy Dalton stepping up, and he was NOT a 1st round pick. .....Whitworth, and Dalton to Green, I will start with those 3. Not a bad place to start. .....Our front 4 going into 2015 will be my front 4. Atkins, Dunlap, Peko, MJ, that is the best front 4 in Bengals history.....Nelson and Hall have to be DB's....RT is a toss up because we have had Smith but I really liked Big Willie who is my All-Time Bengals RT. ....RB could be Benson, who carried the 2009 season on his back and legs....If I take away the problem players at WR, I see maybe we were not as deep at WR as fans thought. Perhaps WR was a weakness all along. I can put down AJ Green very easy. The other names come harder. TJ was pretty good when we had him. I could go with AJ and TJ......but hoping in 2015, some WR's step it up to take this team to the glory land. After all the bad things Chad Ocho said about Bengals day after day on ESPN and all networks and his kissing the Dallas star at mid field and asking the Dallas owner to please get him away from Bengals, ,then going to New England and saying he won't do his comedy show there because they are a real team ( he was a bench warmer there )...I can't respect or salute any of that.....Bengals Team was around way before Chad/ Ocho was born and will be around long after he is dead...The Bengals have missed him and Carson so much that they have had 4 straight winning seasons without them after they left, after Carson/Ocho 4 win season in 2010. ....This team is moving up, up, up with the new young players, this era, this team.....Oh, Huber and Nugent are on my team....It's hard to pick LB's and I feel that has been a weakness under Coach Lewis. I'm hoping LB isn't our weakness in 2015 . Man, if we had top notch linebackers, and some WR's step up, we could win the Super Bowl, if we can stay healthy and not lose half the team to injuries. I hope that Green Bay Packer still has some game left, we could use him........I will add Zimmer as D coordinator on my list, and I look for him to return The Purple People Eaters Defense to Minnesota and be a power in the NFC North. I like his draft picks so far. He knows who to bring into his system. ...but we move on, and our D could be great in 2015.....Gresham is my TE for being a part of the winning season string, but we move on and word is that Eifert has recovered from his injury and ready to go.

I would want the TEAM FIRST players....and I would leave off the players often suspended and the players who trashed the team on the networks, putting their own ego above THE TEAM.....Football, more than most sports, has to be about THE TEAM.....Individualism and Fantasy Football numbers are for losers. Winning is about, The Team, The Team and The Team.....This group from 2011 on to 2015 has been more focused on the TEAM concept than 2003 to 2010, and why I LOVE THIS ERA, THIS TEAM. Some people are stuck in 2005, why, I don't know. I say, Bring On 2015, the sky is the limit.....as always, Go Bengals !!!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: All-Bengals team just from the Lewis era. - kevin - 07-13-2015, 11:04 AM