Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All-Bengals team just from the Lewis era.
(07-13-2015, 08:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Pollack flashed potential, but who should Pollack knock off the roster? Justin Smith? Brian Simmons?

I can't justify putting a guy with 28 tackles and 4.5 sacks ahead of either of those guys.

Dhani averaged 110 tackles while Odell had 98 in his lone season. Really, that's the only category that he wins.

- Odell had 5 int's, Dhani had 1 int in 4 seasons combined
- Odell had 5 forced fumbles, Dhani had 5 in 4 seasons combined
- Odell had 9 pass deflections, Dhani averaged 4.3 in his 4 seasons

Odell was a play maker and looked like a pro-bowl caliber player. That's why people talked about him for so long. Dhani was a nice locker room guy and I guess the bow-ties were cool. He was a totally average player though. 
Tackles are pretty important for a MLB. Sorta like saying the only thing that RB did better was run the ball. Also You left out sacks. Also unsure why you intermixed totals and averages, unless you didn't want to concede that Dhani had 8 more PDs and 342 more tackles as a Bengal MLB.

Odell had one very good season. Dhani gave us 4 years of stability and fine play in the middle. I really don't even see it as a competition. Of course this is the same reason I went with Benson over Hill. But at least Hill has a chance to pass Ced.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: All-Bengals team just from the Lewis era. - bfine32 - 07-13-2015, 08:38 PM