Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All-Bengals team just from the Lewis era.
(07-13-2015, 08:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Tackles are pretty important for a MLB. Sorta like saying the only thing that RB did better was run the ball. Also You left out sacks. Also unsure why you intermixed totals and averages, unless you didn't want to concede that Dhani had 8 more PDs and 342 more tackles as a Bengal MLB.

Odell had one very good season. Dhani gave us 4 years of stability and fine play in the middle. I really don't even see it as a competition. Of course this is the same reason I went with Benson over Hill. But at least Hill has a chance to pass Ced.

Dhani averaged 12 more tackles than Odell. I'd trade the extra 0.75 tackles per game for the guy who had a combined 10 INT's and forced fumbles in a single season. Turnovers are perhaps the most important statistic in football games, and Odell was a machine in that category. Plus it's not like his tackle numbers were bad or anything. 98 is a solid number.

I respect Dhani. He did stabilize the position for awhile and he's a total class act. I just think Odell was a special player. That's why his fall was such a shame. I actually think Benson vs Hill is closer because Benson was pretty outstanding in '09. Imo, Dhani never had a season on par with Odell's.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: All-Bengals team just from the Lewis era. - Shake n Blake - 07-13-2015, 11:49 PM