Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All-Bengals team just from the Lewis era.
(07-14-2015, 03:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The love for Sims is just crazy.

Here are how Sims numbers compare to Peko if he had played the same number of games as Domata (139)

Sims...322 tkls....10.5 sacks...0 FF....4.5 PD
Peko...448 tkls....13.5 sacks...3 FF....8.0 PD

I actually like Sims.  He was our 2nd round pick in my mock draft.  I am glad we re-signed him.  But I don't see how anyone can seriously claim he is better than Peko.

Here are Sims numbers compared to Peko if he played the same amount of snaps as Domata

Sims - 610 tackles, 19 sacks, 0 FF, 8 PD
Peko - 448 tackles, 13.5 sacks, 3 FF, 8 PD

This isn't the reason I think 2013 - present Sims is better than 2013 - present Peko, but hey, you had no problem doing the math for Sims if he played as many games so I just figured I'd show snap count too.

We've seen plenty of players look much different when put into a bigger role (Gilberry for a recent example), so you never know if Sims would reach those numbers. What we do know is that Pat Sims has been more productive at a per snap basis throughout his career than Peko. Peko has only had more stops per run snap than Sims once in his career....Pat Sims rookie season in 2008. It may not be so absurd to say Sims is at least equal to Peko, and there are legitimate arguments that he's better too.

It's not quite the comparison that you'd like it to be. It isn't like comparing Aaron Rodgers to Ryan Leaf. Let's not pretend it's so one sided because "hurr durr the coaches say he's good and they're coaches and you're not. There's over 100 DTs in the league and Peko starts therefore he winz teh prize!"
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: All-Bengals team just from the Lewis era. - djs7685 - 07-14-2015, 08:23 AM