Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Difference Between The Falcons And Bengals
(01-24-2017, 05:21 PM)3wt Wrote: They seem to have a history of hiring who they feel comfortable with (and getting rid of who doesn't toe the line).  And while I admire them as people they place loyalty (theirs and the players' / coaches') higher than competency and thinking outside the box.  I see them pass up an obviously brilliant football mind like Walsh, somehow manage to keep Gregg for a short stint at head coach even though he took us to the Super Bowl, find a way to lose Wyche - the other guy who took us to a Super Bowl and hire what looks to be a lot of yes men in between.

I do admire the Brown family.  But they need to get over the need to control their head coach to the degree that they don't end up with the same creativity that made Paul Brown one of the true pioneers of the game.   Lewis did the best job of straddling those positions, but he seems to be too much like them himself.

I can see the family sticking with Lewis as long as they have.  But Shula????   Sheezz

It's time for a change.  And they need to hire someone who has demonstrated an extremely high level of performing in the NFL.   I know McDaniel fizzled in Denver.  But I bet he's learned...

After watching the Patriots create a game plan that stifled a very good Pittsburgh defense and evolved as the game progressed, I'd love to hire McDaniels and see what he could do with our personnel.

Ya know, I wasn't that high on McDaniels prior, but after watching that spectacle, I'm in.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Difference Between The Falcons And Bengals - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-24-2017, 05:50 PM