Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are We Moving Away From Two-TE Sets?
(07-11-2015, 09:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We took out top-rated TE in the draft, and Hill did most of his damage from a lone back formation, but I've been seeing sights that talk like we'll have a fullback in the game on most downs.

On ESPN, it even has our main formation for our depth chart as having a fullback. I've seen other sites similar to that, also.

Even CincyJungle talks like we won't have two tight ends on the field at the same time:

Sounds to me like they're saying Kroft won't have much value, which I'm not expecting him to light-it-up, but I think he could have a solid year.

Not to mention that a two-tight end set is the best way to attack the 3-4 defenses of the division.

(The article mentions how Rutgers switched to a run-heavy offense last season, which most likely explains Kroft's dropping as far as he did.)

Am I seeing this wrong?

Kroft brought in to most likely block most of his rookie year getting some passes here and there to keep people honest or to catch them by surprise.. but Eifert is the WR/TE hybrid type and probly wont be left in to block all that often. but when you consider Hewitt is a TE playing FB we will probly have 3 TEs on the field at some points.

Its just a matter of what play is best for what scenario if everyone is healthy and playing well enough to get play time then we will see it mixing up a lot.

but with Hill and the Run game i think we see a lot of 2 TE sets even if the 2nd TE is jake fischer playing the heavy
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are We Moving Away From Two-TE Sets? - XenoMorph - 07-13-2015, 05:04 PM