Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are We Moving Away From Two-TE Sets?
(07-11-2015, 09:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We took out top-rated TE in the draft, and Hill did most of his damage from a lone back formation, but I've been seeing sights that talk like we'll have a fullback in the game on most downs.

On ESPN, it even has our main formation for our depth chart as having a fullback.   I've seen other sites similar to that, also.

Even CincyJungle talks like we won't have two tight ends on the field at the same time:

Sounds to me like they're saying Kroft won't have much value, which I'm not expecting him to light-it-up, but I think he could have a solid year.

Not to mention that a two-tight end set is the best way to attack the 3-4 defenses of the division.

(The article mentions how Rutgers switched to a run-heavy offense last season, which most likely explains Kroft's dropping as far as he did.)

Am I seeing this wrong?

Well, Eifert is the one guy that is a playmaking pass catching TE that we have. We want Hewitt on the field
to block for Hill and be a relief valve for Dalton at H-back. We have lots of weapons with Green, MLJ, Sanu,
Moore, Wright and our RB's. And Kroft and our other TE's are all pretty much rookies.

I don't find it to be a good time to run a primarily 2 TE set until we know what we have with all the TE's.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are We Moving Away From Two-TE Sets? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-15-2015, 02:50 PM