Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are We Moving Away From Two-TE Sets?
(07-15-2015, 04:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We can find out what we have in Kroft in OTAs, training camp, preseason games, etc..

The transition from college to the NFL is much quicker now, especially since we had Kroft as our #1 tight end on our draft board.

Just seems like a waste to not use him from the get-go.  

I get what you're saying about already having enough weapons, but it would be so hard for defenses to cover both tight ends up the seams and both receivers out wide, not to mention that Hill wouldn't be a bad safety valve himself if no receivers are open (which would be unlikely, and I know that Hill would have a lot of blocking responsibilities, but if a play is taking that long and blocking breaks down, he would obviously realize something is up and turn and look for the ball.  Not to mention that, if they have that defenders covering, there likely wouldn't be enough pass rushers for Hill to have anyone to block).

The transition hasn't really gotten any easier for TEs. No rookie in the last 5 years has over 600 yards. It is still terribly hard for them to make the jump so quickly that it would be straight stupid to throw him into a huge role day one.

Also, what happened to Heuerman?  I thought he was like the greatest TE evarr?
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are We Moving Away From Two-TE Sets? - MrRager - 07-16-2015, 06:32 PM