Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are We Moving Away From Two-TE Sets?
(07-17-2015, 04:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Another smart-ass (and stupid) comment by Rager that he thinks is some crushing blow to my credibility.

What do you mean what happened to him?  Denver took him 7(?) picks after us, which he then tore his ACL and is out for the season.  Maybe it was a good choice by us not to draft him since he had been battling injuries and, given our bad luck with injuries, he most likely would have been injury bitten.

Maybe he would have been our pick if not for his injury history.  

Or maybe the coaches just felt that Kroft was better.

How many millions of people are high on draft picks every year and their team ends up passing on them?

Also, not real sure when I ever said anything close to Heuerman being the best tight end ever, but, like I said, that's Rager just posting garbage for you.
Thanks for responding the the main part of my post. ZERO tight ends in the last five years have produced over 600 yards. Only four have produced over 500 yards with two of them being the Pats great duo. That is all TEs from the first rounders to the UDFAs. To expect a third round, third off the board, rookie TE to make a large impact this year is stupid. Especially one with 269 yards and zero TDs last year. Hell, he only had 550+ and 4 TDs the year before. If he can up that up this year it would be an awesome, awesome year. 

Tight Ends just do not produce as rookies and it does not look like it is getting any easier, as you previously claimed. 

And I was just making a joke because on the old boards you were acting like it was a lock to draft him and claiming we would be unstoppable with him and Eifert based on some extremely simple football knowledge. 
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are We Moving Away From Two-TE Sets? - MrRager - 07-17-2015, 06:07 PM