Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are We Moving Away From Two-TE Sets?
(07-20-2015, 07:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, and besides Hewitt, Hayes has been downright terrible with his TE's IMO.

Orson Charles was a very talented pass catching TE in college and we tried to switch him to H-back
and that backfired big time as we all know. I just don't have faith in Hayes developing TE's well after
all we have seen. That is the main reason why i think it is stupid to just think a rookie can replace a
player of Gresham's stature.

I like Kroft and Uzomah too, i just don't like our TE coach.

I don't know enough about Hayes to speak intelligently, but the guys that I do know on the inside say they love him.  Regardless, I put more of this on the shoulders of Hue Jackson.  It is his offense and he needs to use the weapons accordingly.  It seemed from the very small sample size of week 1 last year that Eifert was going to be a big part of the gameplan....and it was working.  :angry:  

Hue also needs to find a way to get Burkhead more involved.  I about fell out of my chair when I read the comments from the Bengals about how impressed they were with Burkhead's ability in the slot when he was Wes Welker for the scout team.  Did they not realize that when they drafted him?  He had the fastest short shuttle in the entire draft!  Welker isn't a burner, but he can stop and pivot on a dime and so can Burkhead.  This is somewhat remarkable given the guy's size.

This is going to sound harsh, but I am tired of the likes of Sanu, Tate, some useless blocking TE, etc. being "in the pattern" only to get zero separation.  IF Burkhead can get open, he needs to be out there for more snaps.  I am not saying Sanu should never play, but he has to be attacking the opposition's third or fourth best defender.  I love the guy, but he really struggles to generate separation. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are We Moving Away From Two-TE Sets? - SHRacerX - 07-21-2015, 10:33 AM