Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are We Moving Away From Two-TE Sets?
(07-20-2015, 08:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: To be fair, Gresham improved and became more physical over the years, but he never even came close to living up to his draft pick or his potential.

He was never really a hard-nosed, clutch player.

As someone who wanted him more than anything in that draft, it kills me that we passed on Gronk, the murderer, Graham, Dickson, and Pitta (Dickson and Pitta weren't too special, but the first three kill me).
Gresham was a first round pick so i cannot give Hayes too much credit for developing him.

Yeah, Gronk or Graham were major misses for lots of teams, not just us. But it all depends on our needs at the time.
(07-21-2015, 10:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't know enough about Hayes to speak intelligently, but the guys that I do know on the inside say they love him.  Regardless, I put more of this on the shoulders of Hue Jackson.  It is his offense and he needs to use the weapons accordingly.  It seemed from the very small sample size of week 1 last year that Eifert was going to be a big part of the gameplan....and it was working.  :angry:  

Hue also needs to find a way to get Burkhead more involved.  I about fell out of my chair when I read the comments from the Bengals about how impressed they were with Burkhead's ability in the slot when he was Wes Welker for the scout team.  Did they not realize that when they drafted him?  He had the fastest short shuttle in the entire draft!  Welker isn't a burner, but he can stop and pivot on a dime and so can Burkhead.  This is somewhat remarkable given the guy's size.

This is going to sound harsh, but I am tired of the likes of Sanu, Tate, some useless blocking TE, etc. being "in the pattern" only to get zero separation.  IF Burkhead can get open, he needs to be out there for more snaps.  I am not saying Sanu should never play, but he has to be attacking the opposition's third or fourth best defender.  I love the guy, but he really struggles to generate separation. 

True on Hue, he needs to use his weapons in a better way. I think Burkhead and maybe even the rookie Super Mario Alford
could really help us in getting seperation. Denarius Moore is a fast guy too. I think Sanu just got worn out last year cause he
was looking really good early in the season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are We Moving Away From Two-TE Sets? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-21-2015, 03:34 PM