Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
February post senior bowl mock
(02-08-2017, 04:17 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Yeah there also a lot more players with injury that turned out bad all I'm saying is  the amount and the same shoulder is what bothers me. 2 surgeries 3 injuries all to the same shoulder. It should be talked about more.
Well take this for what it is but Dabo said he's better than Bryant, Watkins, and Hopkins. We will just agree to  disagree but I think he's a top 5 talent. I think he runs 4.48-4.50 which is what aj ran.
What is anything at this point in the process? But when most sites have a certain number u tend to believe them.

Obviously if Williams is in discussion as the top WR and early first round pick, he should be better than Martavis Bryant. Bryant is a good WR2/3, but he's not a WR1. Really, in my mind, Williams falls between Hopkins and Watkins. Both had better final seasons at Clemson than Williams did. it wasn't by much, but it was still better.
Hopkins had 1405 rec yards and 18 TDs in 2012.
Watkins had 1464 rec yards and 12 TDs in 2013.
Williams had 1361 rec yards and 11 TDs in 2016.

Hopkins ran a 4.57 at the combine, which is considered too slow to be considered as a top 10 WR. He was unofficially clocked at 4.50 and 4.41 in his Clemson pro day, so that helped him. But he went 27th overall to Houston.
Watkins ran a 4.43 at the combine. Watkins went 4th overall to Buffalo, who traded up to get him. Watkins was widely considered a Top 10 talent in the 2014 draft.

Perhaps I've been unfair to Williams, as Watkins was expected to be the best WR to come out of college since Green and Jones. A top 5 talent. Maybe I shouldn't be comparing a Top 5 guy to a Top 10 guy. I could be lumping them in together when there really should be a difference in expectation between picks 1-6 and 7-10.

If Williams runs what you think he will run, the argument can definitely be made for that 8-10 range. But if he doesn't, there will be doubts about his speed and it could cause him to be instead evaluated as a prospect more suited for the teens. If that's the case, you really have a debate over whether Corey Davis or Mike Williams will be the better receiver.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
February post senior bowl mock - Jpoore - 02-06-2017, 03:40 AM
RE: February post senior bowl mock - ochocincos - 02-08-2017, 06:26 PM
February post senior bowl mock - BenZoo2 - 07-31-2017, 10:51 AM