Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Brady unquestionably the best ever?
(02-06-2017, 04:00 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Brady is nothing more than a product of the system he's in.  Matt Cassell anyone?  Its a system the rest of the NFL hasn't been able to figure out and copycat yet, but that's all it is.  Its just plug n play....dink n dunk. The Patriots should never have won the Atlanta, Seattle or their very first Super Bowl without the league's help.  They play in a historical weak conference, when was the last time the 'phins, Jets or Bills were any good? 

I wouldn't say it's just "dink and dunk," since the way they do it involves such speed and precision, and sharp play calling.

But I agree with you it is a "system," and no one has quite figured it out. I think part of it is how they select for team attitude.
Think of how well second and third string quarterbacks do in the system.

I think Brady is a super quarterback, one of the best all time. If traded to the Bengals, they would seriously challenge the Steelers and actually win a playoff, though still not make it to the Super Bowl.

But I don't think he is as good as Montana or Marino. And there is one quarterback whom I thought was AMAZING though always played on a losing team--Archie Manning. How would he have done in Belicheck's system? I am sure as well or better than Tom.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Brady unquestionably the best ever? - Dill - 02-06-2017, 04:19 PM