Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Brady unquestionably the best ever?
(02-06-2017, 02:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Florio made a post over at PFT where he claimed any debate over who is the GOAT QB is now over. I made this post in response:

The Debate is only over because some don’t want to use any logic beyond 5 > 4. Joe Montana went 4-0 in SB’s, playing masterfully (with zero interceptions) in all of them. His 127.8 rating in the big game is a record that will never be touched for multiple SB’s). Unlike Brady, his passer rating went UP when the stakes were raised. His stats are better when compared to the peers of his era. Unfortunately for Joe, he only played 10 healthy seasons for the 49ers, 9 of those with his genius coach Bill Walsh. The game was brutal back then, QBs got destroyed, and Montana was a shell of himself by his late 30’s, finishing his career on a different team.

Compare that to Brady, who has now played 15 healthy seasons, all with the same coach and same franchise. Now stop and be rational for a moment. You don’t think Montana could’ve gotten a 5th ring with 5-6 more healthy seasons with his original coach? Of course he could’ve. That’s just one reason why the 5 > 4 argument is silly. Bradshaw has more rings than Marino, but ain’t nobody going to say Bradshaw was better. So because Brady now has a 5th ring, he's automatically better than Montana?

That's not even considering spygate (I don't really care about deflategate). Personally, I think you could still make a sound argument for several guys, none of which had Bill Belichick, and few had the longevity of Brady. IMO, longevity doesn't = greatness.

Shake wins the interwebs! Congratulations!

Great post!

Johnny, what do we have for him... it's a year supply of Rice-a-Roni, the San Francisco treat!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Brady unquestionably the best ever? - xxlt - 02-06-2017, 04:42 PM